Ink Card Scanning Services
Applicants may use our scanning services for out of state ink fingerprint card scanning to complete the background check requirements for licensing. This scanning technology is to convert your ink fingerprint cards into an electronic format. The electronic record can then be sent to the Illinois State Police & Federal Bureau of Investigation.
COMMON PURPOSES FOR OUT OF STATE FINGERPRINT CARD SCANNING SERVICES:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
1. Go to booking link to schedule and make payment for service:
2. Obtain a fingerprint card from the state agency that is requiring you to be fingerprinted. Usually a FD -258 card.
International Applicant Note: International applicants must use a standard FBI card (FD-258); do not submit fingerprints on non-FBI fingerprint card forms.
3. Contact a local law enforcement agency or licensed fingerprint vendor in your state to be fingerprinted using traditional ink on FD-258.
4. Complete form OOS-FP (IDENTITY VERIFICATION FORM) and have the fingerprint vendor complete section 2 of the Identity Verification Certifying Statement as required by the Illinois State Police. The Identity Verification Certifying Statement must be completed at the time of fingerprinting. DOWNLOAD HERE
5. Complete our fingerprint authorization form. DOWNLOAD HERE
6. Send the completed ink fingerprint cards, the OOS-FP and authoriztion form to the address below. (DO NOT FOLD THE CARDS DURING SHIPPING)
CARD SCANNING SERVICES
6 LAWRENCE SQUARE
SPRINGFIELD, IL 62704
PLEASE INCLUDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS FOR A CONFIRMATION TO BE SENT TO YOU. FINGERPRINT RESULTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY SENT TO THE REQUESTING AGENCY. FINGERPRINT RESULTS BECOME VOID AFTER 90 DAYS, OR SOONER DEPENDING ON THE STATE AGENCY. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE AGENCY THAT THEY RECEIVED YOUR FINGERPRINT RESULTS ONE WEEK AFTER SUBMISSION. FIRM SYSTEMS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CHECK ON ANY STATUS OF FINGERPRINTS 90 DAYS PAST THE FINGERPRINT PROCESS DATE.