FDLE Ink Card Scanning Services
Applicants for Florida may use our scanning services for out of state ink fingerprint card scanning to complete the background check requirements for licensing. This scanning technology is to convert your ink fingerprint cards into an electronic format. The electronic record can then be sent to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement & Federal Bureau of Investigation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
1. Go to booking link to schedule:
2. Complete our fingerprint authorization form. DOWNLOAD HERE
3. Obtain a fingerprint card from the state agency that is requiring you to be fingerprinted. Usually a FD -258 card. International Applicant Note: International applicants must use a standard FBI card (FD-258); do not submit fingerprints on non-FBI fingerprint card forms.
4. Contact a local law enforcement agency or licensed fingerprint vendor in your state to be fingerprinted using traditional ink on FD-258. Make certain that the fingerprint scan card is filled out completely and that it is signed by the official taking your fingerprints. We can also mail you the FBI FD-258 fingerprint card for a $20 convenience fee if you can not obtain one locally.
5. You will need to provide the ORI number which can be obtained from your employer or the agency requiring you to get the background screening performed. This information can usually be found on their website or you may call them for their ORI number. This is required by the FDLE for them to know what department to send the results of the background screening.
6. Make a legible photocopy of your government issued photo I.D. (passport or driver’s license).
7. Mail the fingerprint card(s), (DO NOT FOLD THE CARDS DURING SHIPPING), the completed form, the legible copy of your government issued photo ID, and your payment by money order or cashier's check (unless paying by credit card).
Florida's prices vary by profession and you will need to provide us the ORI code to give you the price, but below are some of the most common professions:
Division of Motor Vehicles - $72.00
Department of Education - $72.00
Florida Office of Financial Regulation - $72.00
Department of Health - $92.00
VECHS (Employee) - $75.00
VECHS (Volunteer) - $72.00
Department of Business & Professional Regulation - $72.00
Please call us at 630-890-7108 or email email@example.com if you need to have your ORI looked up for the cost.
2100 Manchester Rd.
Bldg. C #1615
Wheaton IL 60187
If a photograph is required for your application, you can take one with a neutral colored, plain background or send us a passport photo. It should be from just above the top of your head to include your shoulders, with a neutral facial expression (like a passport photo), with no glasses, caps, or facial covering. This must be sent to us via e-mail as a .JPG ATTACHMENT. Our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Applicants can pay by money order or bank check or we can provide you a invoice link to pay by credit card or pay by phone. We cannot accept International Money Orders. If you live outside of the United States, please be advised that you will need to make your payment with a major credit card.
PLEASE INCLUDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS FOR A CONFIRMATION TO BE SENT TO YOU. FINGERPRINT RESULTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY SENT TO THE REQUESTING AGENCY. FINGERPRINT RESULTS BECOME VOID AFTER 90 DAYS, OR SOONER DEPENDING ON THE STATE AGENCY. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE AGENCY THAT THEY RECEIVED YOUR FINGERPRINT RESULTS ONE WEEK AFTER SUBMISSION. FIRM SYSTEMS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CHECK ON ANY STATUS OF FINGERPRINTS 90 DAYS PAST THE FINGERPRINT PROCESS DATE.
*** Note: Search results are not shared with this office. Biometric data is kept for 60 days locally, after which the data is erased. Your consent form serves as your receipt and for a fingerprint based criminal background check. A copy of the document is retained for 2 years and is then destroyed. BioScan Tek is a authorized service provider a licensed and insured State of IL and Fl.