Illinois Ink Card Scanning Services
Applicants that live outside of the state of Illinois, may use our scanning services for out of state ink card scanning to complete the background check requirements for Illinois licensing. This scanning technology is to convert your ink fingerprint cards into an electronic format. The electronic record can then be sent to the Illinois State Police & Federal Bureau of Investigation.
COMMON PURPOSES FOR OUT OF STATE FINGERPRINT CARD SCANNING SERVICES:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
1. Go to booking link to schedule an appointment:
2. Obtain a fingerprint card from the state agency that is requiring you to be fingerprinted. Usually a FD -258 card.
International Applicant Note: International applicants must use a standard FBI card (FD-258); do not submit fingerprints on non-FBI fingerprint card forms.
3. Contact a local law enforcement agency or licensed fingerprint vendor in your state to be fingerprinted using traditional ink on FD-258.
4. Complete form OOS-FP (IDENTITY VERIFICATION FORM) and have the fingerprint vendor complete section 2 of the Identity Verification Certifying Statement as required by the Illinois State Police. The Identity Verification Certifying Statement must be completed at the time of fingerprinting. DOWNLOAD HERE
5. Complete our fingerprint authorization form. DOWNLOAD HERE
6. Send the completed ink fingerprint cards, the OOS-FP and authorization form to the address below. (DO NOT FOLD THE CARDS DURING SHIPPING), a legible copy of your government issued photo ID, and your payment of $68.00 by money order or cashier's check (unless paying by credit card).
2100 Manchester Rd.
Bldg. C #1615
Wheaton IL 60187
If a photograph is required for your application, you can take one with a neutral colored, plain background or send us a passport photo. It should be from just above the top of your head to include your shoulders, with a neutral facial expression (like a passport photo), with no glasses, caps, or facial covering. This must be sent to us via e-mail as a .JPG ATTACHMENT. Our e-mail address: email@example.com
NOTE: Applicants can pay by money order or bank check or we can provide you a invoice link to pay by credit card or pay by phone. We cannot accept International Money Orders. If you live outside of the United States, please be advised that you will need to make your payment with a major credit card.
PLEASE INCLUDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS FOR A CONFIRMATION TO BE SENT TO YOU. FINGERPRINT RESULTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY SENT TO THE REQUESTING AGENCY. FINGERPRINT RESULTS BECOME VOID AFTER 90 DAYS, OR SOONER DEPENDING ON THE STATE AGENCY. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE AGENCY THAT THEY RECEIVED YOUR FINGERPRINT RESULTS ONE WEEK AFTER SUBMISSION. FIRM SYSTEMS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CHECK ON ANY STATUS OF FINGERPRINTS 90 DAYS PAST THE FINGERPRINT PROCESS DATE.
*Note: Illinois Biometric data is kept for 30 days locally and 90 days on a remote server after which the data is erased. A consent form is retained for 2 years and is then destroyed.